JobsFirstNYC invites interested organizations to join us for the launch meetings of the Young Adult Sectoral Employment Project (YASEP) expansion on October 16 and November 12.
These meetings will explore the potential of sectoral approaches for connecting young adults to employment, provide opportunities to network with other practitioners seeking to develop sectoral partnerships, and describe the process of applying to become a member of YASEP's Learning Community, launching early 2016.
The October 16, 2015 meeting will:
- Provide an opportunity for networking and connection among organizations to consider how this project may be an appropriate fit among prospective partnerships.
- Discuss the genesis of the project including a review of how sectoral approaches are successfully serving young adults, and our experience with the pilot YASEP Learning Community.
- Review current labor market data for New York City.
The November 12, 2015 meeting will:
- Discuss in greater detail the specifics of the project and what potential partners may expect in terms of the application process, the learning community, and the launch of the work.
- Explore specific occupations identified as having career pathway opportunities for out-of-school, out-of-work young adults.
- Provide an opportunity to begin to outline your approach with identified partners.
For organizations intending to engage in this project, participation by the executive director and/or senior staff---- people within your organization empowered to make organizational decisions---- is required at both meetings.
Registration is required for this event. Please click here to register.